Jayanthi Srinivasiah (Dr. Jay), MD
Board Certified: Medical oncology and Hematology
Medical Degree: Bangalore Medical College in Bangalore, India
Residency: Louis A. Weiss Memorial Hospital in Chicago, IL; University of Iowa in Iowa City, IA
Fellowship: Emory University in Atlanta, GA
Special Interests: Participates in breast steering committee at Northside Hospital and GA CORE – also in the breast program leadership at DeKalb Medical helping strategies the future of breast cancer care in GA including prevention, genetics and clinical trials.
Dr. Jay is a member of the Medical Association of Georgia, the American Society of Clinical Oncology, and the DeKalb County Medical Society. Dr. Jay chairs the Cancer Committee at DeKalb Medical, which includes the chairing of the Clinical Trials and Genetics Committees.
Dr. Jay appeared on the cover and was featured in an article in MD News magazine. She has been listed in Guide to America's Top Docs 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010, and on the board of the Center for Oncology Research and Education (CORE)and the Be the Match Foundation. Dr. Jay currently serves on the GCS Board of Directors.
Dr. Jay also takes pride in taking care of the whole patient, including patients' families. She organizes and educates the community in cancer prevention, research, and new therapies for cancer both in the U.S. and in India.
She was voted as "Woman of Atlanta" by the WNBA in 2009, CEO Recognition Award, 2002, DeKalb Health System, Voted “Top Doctor for Women in Medical Oncology”, April 2002, Ladies Home Journal, Voted “One of America’s Top Docs” October 2001, The Redbook Magazine, Voted “Atlanta’s Top Docs” in 1999 by Atlanta Magazine. Voted Top Physician by Atlanta Hospital News in 2012. Received Patients' Choice Award in 2011 and 2012 from PatientsChoice.org. Recipient of the India National Merit Scholarship Award.
Jayanthi Srinivasiah (Dr. Jay), MD in the News
- Dr. Jayanthi Srinivasiah Listed Among Top Doctors in US in 2012
- GCS Physician Featured Guest on The Weekly Check-Up Radio Show
- Georgia Cancer Specialists Physician Receives Patients Choice Award
- Georgia Cancer Specialists Physicians Listed Among Atlanta Hospital News Top Physicians
- GCS Physicians Recently Consulted by Major Media Outlets Regarding Current Drug Shortage Crisis
- GCS Physician Dr. Jay Gave Oncology Lectures in India
- GCS Physician Dr. Jay Shares Tips on Breast Cancer Prevention, Risk Factors, Screening on WRFG 89.3 FM's
- Patient of GCS Physician Dr. Jay Shares Testimonial in The Atlanta Voice
- Georgia Cancer Specialists Physician Dr. Jayanthi Srinivasiah Chairs First Annual Cancer Genetics Seminar
- Dr. Jay Recently Featured as Guest Speaker on Women's Health Awareness Breast Cancer Panel Discussion
- Nine Georgia Cancer Specialists Physicians Named Atlanta's Top Docs
- Dr. Jayanthi Srinivasiah Honored by Atlanta Dream as Woman of Inspiration
- GCS Physician Dr. Jay Traveled to Honduras to Help at Cancer Center
- GCS Physicians Promote Breast Cancer Awareness Through Local Media
- Georgia Cancer Specialists Physician To Receive Award from National Cancer Institute Division
- GCS Physician Dr. Jay Participates in Breast Cancer Awareness Events, Fundraisers
- Dr. Jay Appears on Fox 5 News to Discuss New Report on Ways to Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Dr. Jayanthi Srinivasiah Recognized as Top Physician by Consumers' Council of America
- Dr. Jayanthi Srinivasiah Featured on WSB-TV and Spice Radio
- Dr. Jayanthi Srinivasiah Gives Lectures in India
- Dr. Jayanthi Srinivasiah Featured on Cover of DeKalb Medical's Cancer Hope Line Magazine
- Dr. Jayanthi Srinivasiah Featured in M.D. News
- Dr. Jayanthi Srinivasiah Gives Lectures at Cancer Centers, Senior Club in India
- GCS-Johns Creek Office Moving