GCS Advises Foreign Healthcare Experts Regarding Effective Cancer Care Delivery in Community Setting
On Saturday, June 3, Georgia Cancer Specialists (GCS) hosted a group of leading cancer policy-makers from the European Union (EU). During the meeting, the EU representatives hoped to gain a better understanding of how oncology care is delivered in the community setting in the US.
The meeting took place during the 42nd Annual American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) meeting, held in Atlanta June 2-6.
Dr. Bruce Feinberg, president and CEO of GCS, said, “We enjoyed meeting with the EU representatives. GCS was privileged to offer our insights on delivering state-of-the-art cancer care in a community setting.”
Representing GCS at the meeting were Dr. Feinberg, Dr. Wendy Hawke, Dr. Mansoor Saleh, Dr. Melvin Moore, Dr. Rodolfo Bordoni, and James Gilmore.
Representing the EU were:
- Professor Mike Richards, National Cancer Director, Department of Health, London, England
- Ms. Lindsay Wilkinson, Head of Cancer Policy, Department of Health, London, England
- Dr. Anna Gregor, Lead Cancer Clinician for Scotland and Chairman, Scottish Cancer Group, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Liz Porterfield, Head, Clinical Strategies: Cancer, Scottish Executive Health Department, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Professor Guido Rasi, Istituto di Neurobiologia e Medicina Molecolare del CNR, Rome, Italy
- Professor Ruggero De Maria, Istituto Superiore di Sanità, Rome, Italy
- Professor Roland Bugat, Department for Training and Education, National Cancer Institute and Department of Medicine at the Toulouse-Midi-Pyrenees Regional Cancer Centre, France
- Josy Reiffers, Head of Bordeaux Cancer Center and former advisor to Ministry of Research, France
Also present were several representatives from pharmaceutical company Amgen.