Ambulatory Infusion Center
Georgia Cancer Specialists is now offering outpatient infusion services for non-oncology patients.
Cost-effective: As outpatient treatment, Medicare and other insurances cover the AIC’s services. Safe and Professional: Our board certified physicians, experienced in Infusional therapy, evaluate each patient individually. Referring physicians receive timely progress notes indicating infusion results and patient status. Convenient: Infusion services are available from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday, in Athens, Macon, and 24 other locations throughout Georgia.
Infusional (IV) Treatments and Indications Include:
- Boniva for osteoporosis
- Rituxan for rheumatoid arthritis
- Reclast for osteoporosis
- Amevive for chronic plaque psoriasis
- Methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis
- Tysabri for relapsing multiple sclerosis
- Remicade for rheumatoid arthritis
- Mitoxantrone for progressive multiple sclerosis
Other Services Offered:
- Administration of antibiotics and antifungal agents
- Administration of intravenous fluids
- Maintenance and care of central lines, including port flushes
- Administration of chemotherapy
- On-site venipuncture and laboratory testing
- Administration of intravenous monoclonal antibodies and other medications
- Administration of all agents by certified Infusional nurse professionals
- Portable pump programming and patient education
- Administration of growth factors and injections
To schedule an appointment, call the AIC at GCS’s centralized scheduling office toll free at 1-866-404-9991.
In Macon, call (478) 745-6130.
In Athens, call (706) 369-4478.