About Georgia Cancer Specialists
Georgia Cancer Specialists and Northside Hospital Cancer Institute recognize that our patients’ journeys with cancer often begin before they set foot in our offices, and can extend long after their treatment is complete.
That is why we offer “The Cancer Answer,” an integrative approach to cancer care that includes prevention, early detection, advanced treatment, clinical research, support services, and compassionate caregivers in communities across Georgia.
As a national leader in advanced cancer treatment and research, we are uniquely positioned to offer patients cutting-edge cancer care in the communities in which they live. The practice offers medical oncology and hematology services and was the first private oncology practice to also provide a full range of support services for patients in Georgia, including nutritional counseling, pain management, wellness counseling, and home health coordination.
Our research department, whose focus is bringing targeted cancer therapy to communities, is the first in Georgia to offer Phase I clinical trials, the most novel cancer therapies available.
In 2012, GCS affiliated with Northside Hospital Cancer Institute, the only comprehensive cancer center in Georgia selected by the National Cancer Institute to participate in the NCI Community Cancer Centers Program (NCCCP).
This partnership has set a new national standard by creating a model of best practices, by promoting general health, prevention, and survivorship opportunities for our patients, and by increasing access to the evolving science of personalized medicine through clinical research trials.
Each day the physicians and staff at GCS come to work for one reason: to be The Cancer Answer for our patients and their families.
- A national leader in advanced cancer treatment and research.
- Offers medical oncology, and hematology services and full support services for patients, including nutritional counseling, pain management, and wellness counseling.
- 44 physicians provide care in 26 locations throughout Metro Atlanta, North and Central Georgia.
- Affiliated with Northside Hospital Cancer Institute, the only comprehensive cancer center in Georgia selected by the National Cancer Institute to participate in the NCI Community Cancer Centers Program (NCCCP).
- The only private oncology practice in Georgia to offer Phase I clinical trials, the most novel cancer therapies available.
- Our research department brings targeted cancer therapy, previously available only at major academic centers, to community offices.
- In 2000, was the only private oncology practice in the United States to receive a Department of Defense community-based clinical trial consortium grant for breast cancer research.
For more information about research at Georgia Cancer Specialists, see our research section.
If you would like more information about Georgia Cancer Specialists, fill out our information form.